The prohibition placed on the District Magistrates in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir for issuing new individual Arms Licenses has been repealed with immediate effect, according to a recent order from the Home Department of the Government of J&K.
The order from the government read, “In supersession of Government Order No. 922- Home of 2018 dated 12.07.2018, it is hereby ordered that the restriction imposed on the District Magistrates in the UT of J&K, for issuing fresh individual Arms Licenses, is revoked with immediate effect."
All the concerned including District Magistrates (Licensing Authorities), have been asked to adhere to the additional conditions besides following the provisions of the Arms Act, 1959 and Arms Rules, 2016.
As reported by ANI, these conditions include:
- Obtaining Aadhaar Card as proof of identity
- Only granting licenses to residents of the district and obtaining a report from the CID Wing of J&K Police regarding the character and antecedents of the applicant
- Using the NDAL/ALIS portal for all services related to Arms licenses, maintaining physical records of all entries made on the portal
- Ensuring that data of licensees is correct, tracking all licensees within the district and ensuring that area validity of licenses is adhered to
- Not delegating powers to any subordinate authority in violation of the Arms Act, 1959 and Arms Rules, 2016.
Image courtesy: Representative image/Rising Kashmir
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. MyIndMakers is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of MyindMakers and it does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.