Balochistan’s fresh ultimatum to Pakistan to withdraw security forces
- In Reports
- 06:37 PM, Aug 19, 2026
- Myind Staff
Balochistan is witnessing renewed unrest as separatist groups step up their campaign against Pakistan’s state authorities. Amid the growing tensions, Baloch separatist leader Mir Yar Baloch has issued a fresh ultimatum to Pakistan. He has demanded the withdrawal of all Pakistani military and security forces from Balochistan. He has also called on the international community to recognise the region as an independent country.
In a statement posted on X, Baloch accused Pakistan of illegally maintaining its military presence in the region and exploiting Balochistan’s natural resources. "The Pakistani army is illegally stationed in Balochistan and is looting its resources and minerals at gunpoint, it said. The statement also alleged that the presence of Pakistani forces threatens the lives, property and businesses of people living in Balochistan.
Baloch described the Pakistani military as an invading force and said its presence violated Balochistan’s "immigration laws". He demanded that Pakistani forces leave the region along with their military personnel and called for the surrender of military equipment in Balochistan before withdrawing.
The separatist leader demanded the handover of warplanes, helicopters, tanks, heavy artillery, naval vessels and other military equipment to Baloch forces. He argued that the equipment was effectively paid for through the exploitation of Balochistan’s resources. He therefore said the equipment should remain in the region after Pakistan’s withdrawal.
Drawing parallels with the end of British rule in India and Pakistan’s defeat in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War. Baloch said, "Just as in 1947 Britain, upon leaving India, handed over all military weapons and war equipment to India and returned empty-handed to Britain; just as in 1971, after losing the war in Bangladesh, Pakistan handed over the naval, air and land forces and war equipment there to the forces of Bangladesh ... in exactly the same manner the occupying forces of Pakistan must now clearly announce the date and deadline of their withdrawal from Balochistan, and they will not be permitted to take even a single bullet while leaving Balochistan."
The statement further claimed that Pakistan had already lost the ground war in Balochistan. It did not provide evidence to support this claim. Baloch also referred to the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War while accusing Pakistan of carrying out mass killings in Balochistan. He said the people of Balochistan had not forgotten what he described as their "revenge" and urged Pakistan to withdraw its forces instead of continuing what he called a futile war.
Baloch also appealed to the international community to recognise Balochistan as an independent country. He called for what he described as "emergency measures" to help facilitate the withdrawal of Pakistani forces from the region. His demands cover Pakistani personnel involved in defence, security, border protection and the protection of mineral resources.
The statement also called for the withdrawal of Pakistan’s air and naval forces from Balochistan. It further demanded that non-Baloch Pakistanis serving in the army, Frontier Corps, police and other institutions leave the region. Baloch said Pakistan should formally recognise Balochistan as an independent country. He argued that such a move would serve Pakistan’s own interests.
The latest statement comes days after Baloch separatist leaders and activists declared the creation of a "Republic of Balochistan" on August 11. They called on the international community to recognise the region as independent from Pakistan. The declaration marks another step in the separatist campaign seeking to challenge Islamabad’s control over the province.
Balochistan has faced a long-running insurgency, with separatist groups accusing Pakistan of political marginalisation and the exploitation of the province’s natural resources. The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility for attacks targeting security forces and government installations. Pakistani authorities have responded with security operations, restrictions on movement and communication curbs.
The latest ultimatum reflects the continuing confrontation between Baloch separatist groups and the Pakistani state. By invoking the 1971 Bangladesh precedent, Baloch has sought to frame his demand for Pakistan’s withdrawal as comparable to the events that followed the country’s defeat in the Bangladesh Liberation War. His statement also places renewed focus on the broader separatist demand for an independent Balochistan.

Comments